The Haul Road Dust Control Spray System is an automated, periodic watering system designed for mining operations to prevent dust lift-off when haul trucks pass through the area. This solution eliminates the high costs associated with water tankers and reduces the need for manual labor and equipment.
Haul and access roads are critical components of mining operations and are used by mobile equipment to transport materials to and from mining areas. However, the road network in a surface mine site is extensive and can generate a significant amount of dust, which can cause harm to both equipment operators and workers in the vicinity. The main source of dust is caused by the forces of the wheels on the road surface and the turbulence created by the vehicles. The majority of the dust particles from haul truck emissions are larger than 10 μm
To effectively control and suppress haul road dust, a comprehensive strategy should be developed during the road construction phase and implemented throughout mining and transportation operations. Synergy Spray Systems can assist mine operators with the installation, commissioning, and maintenance of haul road dust control and suppression systems. This can involve a combination of technologies, such as truck sprinklers, permanent tube systems with rotating sprinklers, and automated spray systems.
• Fully automated operation
• Road widths up to 40 meters wide
• Can use most water types
• Single 4 core cable controls complete system
• Control system uses Extra Low Voltage
• Unlimited control system length
• Mining grade sprinklers and valves
• Reduce costs (minimal ongoing costs)
• High level of control of application rates and application frequencies
• Natural intermittent / spaced watering
• Easy integration with mine systems
• Can be easily extended or modified
• Can control the amount of water delivered by changing the run time of sprays
• Can easily change the system run frequency
• Can deliver different amounts of water on different parts of the haul road
• Day of week and hour of day variable control
• Integration with site SCADA systems
• Sprays pause when vehicles pass
• Chemical dosing system integration to reduce water usage
• Solar powered control system
Dust Suppression Applications
Synergy Spray systems is an growing dust suppression integrator helps overcome the challenge of creating safer roads and workplaces for people, industry and communities.
Our products also assist in making surfaces within mining, construction, infrastructure and farming projects stronger, longer lasting, as well as more cost-effective and environmentally responsible.
Dust Control Products
Specially formulated polymer-based dust control solutions not only prevent the generation of dust but also stabilize the treated surface.
They can be deployed quickly and easily, without any negative impacts on the environment and solve the problem of dust impacting on fruit, cropping, and feed viability in the horticultural and agricultural sectors.